Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Nourishing Winter Meals


I'm not even ashamed to say that this time of year has never been my favorite, and I know I'm not the only one. Give me all the long slow summer days please. A few years ago, I converted to Catholicism, and since that time I have come to appreciate this time of year so much more and use it to heal and nourish my heart. And as much as I look forward to holiday meals and drinks with friends and family, I try and keep the rest of our meals at home as simple and as nourishing as possible. The simple part mainly because it feels like 10PM when we get home from work and I'm starving! The meals listed below are some of our very favorites that we repeat over the winter months. I hope you are able to get lots of physical and spiritual nourishment this season, whether by religion or in any other peace and love filled way.

A Simple Carrot Soup

Chicken Pesto Zucchini Noodles

Quick Pho

Pan-Roasted Chicken with Tarragon and Mustard Cream Sauce (I usually roast whatever veggies I have on hand to go along with this, sweet potatoes are a favorite!)

Photo via


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!